The Mechanize library is used for automating interaction with websites. Mechanize automatically stores and sends cookies, follows redirects, can follow links, and submit forms. Form fields can be populated and submitted. Mechanize also keeps track of the sites that you have visited as a history.
= Mechanize CHANGELOG
- Copying headers to a hash to prevent memory leaks
- Speeding up page parsing
- Aliased fields to elements
- Adding If-Modified-Since header
- Added delete_field! to form. Thanks to Sava Chankov
- Updated uri escaping to support high order characters. Thanks to Henrik Nyh.
- Better handling relative URIs. Thanks to Henrik Nyh
- Now handles pipes in URLs http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=7140&group_id=1453&atid=5709
- Now escaping html entities in form fields. http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=7563&group_id=1453&atid=5709
- Added MSIE 7.0 user agent string